Total Site - Quick Start Guide
Total Site helps you create a fully functional website utilizing design templates and content widgets. Total Site utilizes a Drag and Drop gallery of widgets (found in the Upper Toolbar) that can be used to add everything from a basic paragraph of text to a contact form. Getting started is easy, first let's get to know Total Site.
1. Upper Toolbar: The Upper Toolbar contains all of the drag and drop widgets that can be used in the design of your website. Here simply drag and drop one of the content widgets from the gallery to the desired location in your website.
2. Drop Zone: This is the area where the drag and drop widgets may be dropped.
3. The following options are available in the Lower Toolbar:
- Pages: Here you are able to add and manage the titles and number of additional pages you have in your website.
- Files: The File Manager is your repository for any images, text, documents, etc. that you wish to add to your website.
- Settings: The Settings Manager is where you will add your basic information, choose page layouts, and change colors and backgrounds (if applicable to the selected template).
- Templates: Change your website template with the click of a mouse. Your website content will be transferred to the new template, no need to worry, however, you may need to do some resizing of images and text boxes.
- Preview: Select Preview to see what your site will look like in a web browser once it is published.
- Publish: Once you have completed your website and set up your subdomain, you may select Publish to show your site to everyone.
- Logout: This will take you back to the dashboard.
4. Page Navigation: This menu displays your pages, click the page titles to move from page to page.
5. Tagline Area: Enter your company tagline or marketing statement here.
6. Help: Click here for a quick video showing you how to get started with Total Site.
To add a widget to your site, simply choose the widget you would like to insert from the Upper Toolbar:
- Click and hold the widget.
- Drag it into the drop zone where you would like the widget to appear.
To add a page to your website click Pages from the Lower Toolbar.
- After this, a window will pop up giving the option to enter the page title, layout, and keywords.
- Once you are finished, choose Add Page then click Apply.
To select a subdomain for your website, follow the directions below.
1. Click the Publish tab in the Lower Toolbar.
2. Now, click the Get Started link.
3. When you click the link, a dialog box will appear requesting that you choose a subdomain. You may have to submit several subdomain requests if your first choice has already been taken by an existing user. When finished click Setup Domain.
When you create your subdomain (e.g. http://MYSUBDOMAIN.sbuilder.net) please allow for a maximum of five minutes for your request to be processed.
*Important: Be sure that you are completely satisfied with the subdomain name you choose. After you have chosen a subdomain name, you cannot change or modify it in any way. However, you can change your domain name at any time by submitting a domain name change request to the support center.