Employee Data Manager - Quick Start Guide
1. To download Employee File Manager, begin by selecting the application's icon from your user dashboard.
2. You will be taken to the Download & Set-up site. Here you may select the Install Employee File Manager tab at the top of the page.
3. Note: The top of the Install Employee File Manager page also includes your Employee Data Manager activation serial number. Once you are finished downloading the application you will be asked input this number.
4. Next, you will need to select a particular installation that fits your needs.A. Basic Installation- Select this download if the application will reside on only one work station.
B. Multi-User Installation- Select this download if you are going to have multiple users that need to access data or perform review from their own computers.
C. Already Installed Multi-User- Select this download to add Employee File Manager to other computers for additional users after you have already installed the Multi-User Installation.
Once you have selected the installation that best fits you, you may continue by clicking the Click here to Begin button below each option.
5. Once you have selected the particular installation option, be sure to follow the steps to the download page and select to download the application.
6. Once you have completed the download process and entered your serial number, you are then able to access the application by double clicking on the icon in your desktop. Once you have accessed the icon you will be asked to log in. Use your username and password to log in.
1. The Company tab allows you to input information at the company level.
2. The Employee tab allows you to input information at the employee level. (See below for an overview of the Employee section.)
3. Here you may set up Company Details such as location, employee benefit programs, positions, time off and more.
4. The above tabs allow you to view the company details that you have set up. For example, you may view your basic Company Profile as pictured above, or you may view all of the incentive programs and which employees are associated with them in the Incentives tab.
1. The Employees tab allows you to input information at the employee level.
2. The Company tab allows you to input information at the company level. (See above for an overview on the Company section.)
3. The New Employee Wizard guides you through the steps of adding your employees and the information that is related to them.
4. Once an employee is added you will be able to access their Employee Profile from the list shown.
5. The Employee Profile displays the employee's basic information.
6. The Employee Details area displays more sensitive information such as their Benefits History, Time Off, Reviews, Attachments, Incentives, Details, Tax, Government, & Payroll, Education, Contacts, Job History, Hire, and Termination information.
You can delete the dummy data that the application comes with. Before deleting the dummy data, be sure to explore the application to get a feel and understanding on how it works.
1. Select the Tools option at the top of the screen, then Database, and Remove All Data.
2. Select Continue after the Reset Database window appears.
3. Select OK to delete the dummy data.
To begin using the application, add your employees and the information associated with them.
1. Begin by selecting the New Employee Wizard.
2. You will be asked to enter the employee's basic information, and click next to continue.
3. Then enter any additional information such as any State or Federal exemptions, and click Finish once complete.
4. Your employee along with their information will then appear, and can be accessed at anytime.
Within the application you are also able to add information at the company level and relate it back to your employees. For example, you may set up a benefits or incentives program and relate them to particular employees.
1. Be sure you are in the Company tab.
2. You may begin by selecting the tabs under Company Details to add information on a company level.
You can select one of the following options to begin:
- Positions- Stay organized by creating an organizational chart.
- Locations- Add one or more locations of your business and assign these locations to specific locations.
- Employee Status- Create different statuses to classify the work type of your employees, such as full time or part time.
- Benefits- Establish different benefit plans and assign them to your employees to keep track of who has what plans.
- Incentives- Create incentive plans and assign them to specific employees to organize employee incentive plans.
- Time Off- Establish Time Off types, Accrual Codes, and Time Off plans.
- Events- Establish Events that may take place within the work place, such as various violations, liabilities or safety incidents that may occur.
- Reviews- Create various review types and manage your scoring categories through this tab.
- Check List Items- Create a check list that needs to be executed when a person is hired or terminated.
- Attachments-Store important documents that relate to your employees and any Human Resource related document.