The new Customer Relationship Manager is a powerful sales force automation and customer relationship management tool that helps you to manage and track events, birthdays/anniversaries, date/time, weather, marketing programs, follow up tasks and insurance policies related to all of your key business contacts. All these types of activities are managed from the main Customer Relationship Manager dashboard.
Table of Contents
- 1. CRM Dashboard
- 2. Security Roles
- 3. Adding a contact
- 4. Adding a Touch Point (Follow up Task)
- 5. Adding Leads
- 6. CRM Calendar
- 7. Adding a Task
- 8. Adding Notes
- 9. Scheduling an Event
- 10. Importing contacts
- 11. Exporting CRM Contacts
- 12. Accessing the CRM on your mobile device
With the new CRM you will have a list of features provided on the left hand side of the screen. Below are the features that are offered to you:
1. Dashboard- Home screen which displays summary of Events, Tasks, Touch Points and Policy Reviews.
2. CRM Tools- Manage your sales and marketing activities
- Tasks– Add, edit, and assign sales and marketing tasks related to your contacts
- Contacts– Manually add or edit your contact data
- Leads– Manage your leads and lead activities
- Notes– Attach notes to your contacts and activities
- Events– Create and track events related to your contacts
- Marketing Programs– Track responses and revenue generated by your company’s marketing programs
- Today’s Date- Track date/time and weather in the area provided
- Proposals– Create and assign responsibility for customer proposals
- Touch Points – Allows you to create a follow up task from the Dashboard as well as the contacts screen.
- Policy – Track your customer’s policy details including the carrier, product type, review date, policy number, death benefit, premiums, commissions, distributions, requirements, and beneficiaries.
3. Administration Tab– Allows you to customize all fields within the Customer Relationship Manager interface as well as enter your SMTP settings. Click on the Administration tab to see the following drop down items:
Group Security - Allows the manager to allow certain users to have access to the group of contacts that they desire the user to have access to.
User Defined Fields - User defined fields are custom fields you create to track information specific to certain subject areas. Create an unlimited amount of custom fields for your contacts that aren’t already captured by the system i.e. county or customer number.
SMTP Setting s- Complete with your email information so that reminders can be sent out via email from the CRM system. Username and From Address are the same: your full email address.
Carriers Maintenance - Add, remove, and edit carrier names
Product Types - Add, remove, and edit product types.
Products Maintenance - Add, remove, and edit product names.
4. Import contacts - Opens the Import Contacts Wizard so you can import data from other applications such as Excel.
5. Import Policies - Import policies with the sample template provided.
6. Export Contacts - Select Contact Types and details to be exported into a .csv file.
7. Merge contacts - There may be a chance of accumulating duplicate records. You can search the duplicates and merge them for a better organization of records. This feature gives you the option to specify criteria to find duplicate records.
8. MailChimp - Move your CRM contacts into your MailChimp list so that you can easily plan, schedule, and personalize your email marketing campaigns.
9. Synced External Account - Sync your CRM with your Google account.
- Controls Everything (can make global & individual changes)
- Owns all Contacts
- View/Add/ User Licenses and update subscription payment info
- Import Contacts
- Assign Contacts
- Move Contacts into and between contact groups
- Merge Duplicate Contacts
- Create Groups
- Create Marketing Campaigns
- View all Contact Information
- Change contacts details
- Assign Tasks to individual Employee security roles
- Create, view and edit Events
- View all shared contacts, Un-share contacts and assign shared contacts
- Create, View and edit proposals
- Assign MailChimp list access to Employee security role users
- Subscribe & Unsubscribe contacts from MailChimp lists
- Add Contacts
- View all Contact Information
- Change contact details
- Create, complete new, note tasks for themselves only
- View, Create, Edit Events
- View shared contacts assigned to them
- Subscribe or unsubscribe assigned contacts to their assigned MailChimp lists
- Import contacts
- Add Contacts
- Edit Contacts they have added
- Contractors cannot view any contacts other than what they have added
Step1: Click on the “Add New” button to add a contact:
Step 2: If you wish to mass edit your contacts, please click on the ACTION button and you will be given a drop down like the one shown below
Note: If you click on the back arrow to the left of the “Add New” button, a new screen will appear displaying additional contact details.
Step 3: Fill out the required fields and any of the fields you wish to fill in. Click on the additional details tab if you wish to provide additional information. Click on “Save and Close” once complete.
Step 4: If you would like to place a contact on a specific group, click on the checkbox under the group section that you would like to add the contact to. If you would like to add a group, click on Add group. Click on “Save and Close” once done.
Note about Groups
Groups: Maintain in the Administration tab in upper left corner of application. Click Administration, List Maintenance, Contacts, Groups. Here you can edit, add, and delete groups. This allows you to customize and sort your contacts so that you can easily search for a specific group.
Note: The user can now add a new group under group security.
Allows you to create a follow up task from the Dashboard as well as the main contacts screen. This is usually a quicker way for you to set up a follow up task.
Step 1: Inside of a contacts information screen, click on SET FOLLOW UP.
Step 2: You will have the ability to select a follow up method, due date, priority and assign the task to someone. When done click SAVE. Once the follow up task is saved, you can view the task under the touch points section in the dashboard.
Having leads in your business is an important thing to possess. It is important to also know how to add and keep up with lead information within the CRM. In this section, you will learn how to add leads into the CRM.
Note: Leads have the same view and functionality as Contacts. This is just another way to group and manage your contacts, and have a separate queue for your leads. Leads do not show in the Contacts section. You can easily convert Leads to Prospects or Customers by checking the box next to the lead and clicking on the Action tab. Please follow the steps below to add a lead to the CRM.
Step 1: Click on the + sign to add a new lead.
Step 2: Fill out the required fields and any of the fields you wish to fill in. Click on the additional details tab if you wish to provide additional information. Click on “Save and Close” once complete.
Step 3: If you would like to place a lead on a specific group, click on the checkbox under the group section that you would like to add the lead to. If you would like to add a group, click on Add group. Click on “Save and Close” once complete.
The Customer Relationship Manager allows you to more effectively manage the sales pipeline and communicate with your customers. The Customer Relationship Manager includes a sophisticated calendar that you can use to keep track of events, tasks, meetings, policy reviews and other important customer and prospect-related activities. Below are the steps on how to use the CRM Calendar.
Note: The calendar is user specific. Each user can have their own private calendar, and the manager can view global calendar or view by user.
Step 1: To access your calendar, select the Calendar button on the left side of the dashboard.
Step 2: You can view your calendar by day, week, or month and can filter by events, tasks, marketing programs and policy reviews. You can also view details for a specific task, event or marketing program by double clicking on the calendar grid: From here you can view, edit, or delete the event or task. When making any changes to an event make sure to click Save and Close in order to save your changes. The calendar is color coded as well to differentiate tasks from events, recurring events, marketing programs, DOB/Anniversary and policy reviews.
You can view existing tasks and create new ones by selecting the Tasks button on the left side of the dashboard. The tasks dashboard presents a summary of all open tasks and uses a color-coded indicator so you can quickly see which tasks are in process, currently due or overdue:
Step 1: To create a new task click the ADD NEW icon at the top left of the tasks dashboard. This will open a dialog box where you enter information related to the task.
Step 2: The system defaults the Owner and Assigned Employee to your name. You can assign the task to another person by clicking on the pencil icon next to assigned employee and adding/editing a person.
Select the following from the drop-down menus:
- Task Type: General Task, Follow-Up Task
- Status: Cancelled, Completed, Planning Stage, Postponed, Scheduled
- Priority: Critical, High, Medium, or Low
If the task starts at a specific time, un-check the “All Day Event” box to input a start and end time.
You can send task information via email by clicking on the “Invites” button at the bottom and selecting the contact Email addresses you wish to send the invite to.
**Make sure you have set up an SMTP server for Email notifications. To set up your SMTP server please go to ‘Administration/SMTP Settings’ and enter your credentials to connect to your SMTP server*
You can manage contact notes for your contacts and activities. You can edit, delete, or re-reassign in this queue. Click on the blue arrow button to relate note to a specific Contact, Task, Event, Marketing Program, or Proposal.
Step 1: Click on NOTES on the left hand side and click on ADD NEW to add a new note in the CRM.
Step 2: Enter the subject of the note, who you wish to assign it to and the note. Click save and close to submit the note.
You can schedule an event related to your contacts within the CRM. You can edit, delete, assign tasks, and enter notes in the Event Form. Follow the steps below to schedule an event in the CRM.
Step 1: Click on the EVENTS tab on the left side of the CRM and then click on ADD NEW.
Step 2: Continue by entering the subject, owner, status, purpose, dates and description. If this is an All-day event, make sure that ALL DAY EVENT box is checked. If you wish to send out invites to specific email addresses, click on INVITES and select the email addresses you would like to send an invite to. You can also make the event recurring. Select one of the recurring options if you wish to make the event recurring. Finally, click on SAVE AND CLOSE.
The Customer Relationship Manager has an Import Contacts wizard that you can use to import contact data from other programs such as Outlook and Excel. In order for the process to work correctly, the data must be saved as either a .csv, .xls or .xlsx. To import your data into the Customer Relationship Manager, follow these simple steps. **
Step 1: Click on import contacts on the top of the menu in the CRM.
Step 2: Select Browse and click on the file that you want to import. Remember that only .csv, .xls and .xlsx files are supported. The columns in the CRM will correspond with the columns that are listed in the exported file. Select the source column that you want to establish in the Excel file.
If a source is not listed in the CRM column then select User Defined field and edit the name in the administration tab.
Step 3: Next, select the Account Executive, contact type and source. If you wish to include these contacts in a group, select the group that you wish to add the contacts to and click NEXT.
Step 4: Click Start Import to begin the import process.
**If you have any issues while importing your contacts please contact us at 1-866-467-6249 and one of our representatives will be glad to assist you.
The Customer Relationship Manager has an Export Contacts wizard that you can use to export contact data from the CRM into programs like Excel and outlook. In order for the process to work correctly, the data must be saved as either a .CSV or .XLS file. You can export your contacts to either Outlook or Excel.
Step 1: Click on the “Export Contacts” tab on the top on your menu.
Note: (Only Administrators can Export contacts). Use the boxes on the left to select which types of contacts you'd like to export. Then use the boxes on the right to select which contact details you'd like to include in your export. When you have made your selections, click the 'Export' button.
You can access your CRM on the go. We have a mobile browser friendly version of the application that can be accessed through Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, as well as Android phones and tablets.
Step 1: Simply open up your internet browser on your mobile smartphone or tablet.
Step 2: Type contacts.startersuccess.net in your address bar.
Then simply login using your username and password just as you would on your computer.