SiteBuilder 3.0 - Quick Start Guide
SiteBuilder helps you create a fully functional website utilizing design templates and content widgets. SiteBuilder utilizes a Drag and Drop gallery of widgets (found in the Upper Toolbar) that can be used to add everything from a basic paragraph of text to a contact form. Getting started is easy, first let's get to know the SiteBuilder.
1. Upper Toolbar: The Upper Toolbar contains all of the drag and drop widgets that can be used in the design of your website. Here simply drag and drop one of the content widgets from the gallery to the desired location in your website.
2. Drop Zone: This is the area where the drag and drop widgets may be dropped.
3. The following options are available in the Lower Toolbar:
- Pages: Here you are able to add and manage the titles and number of additional pages you have in your website.
- Files: The File Manager is your repository for any images, text, documents, etc. that you wish to add to your website.
- Settings: The Settings Manager is where you will add your basic information, choose page layouts, and change colors and backgrounds (if applicable to the selected template).
- Templates: Change your website template with the click of a mouse. Your website content will be transferred to the new template, no need to worry, however, you may need to do some resizing of images and text boxes.
- Preview: Select Preview to see what your site will look like in a web browser once it is published.
- Publish: Once you have completed your website and set up your subdomain, you may select Publish to show your site to everyone.
- Logout: This will take you back to the dashboard.
4. Page Navigation: This menu displays your pages, click the page titles to move from page to page.
5. Tagline Area: Enter your company tagline or marketing statement here.
6. SiteBuilder Help: Click here for a quick video showing you how to get started with SiteBuilder.
To add a widget to your site, simply choose the widget you would like to insert from the Upper Toolbar:
- Click and hold the widget.
- Drag it into the drop zone where you would like the widget to appear.
To add a page to your website click Pages from the Lower Toolbar.
- After this, a window will pop up giving the option to enter the page title, layout, and keywords.
- Once you are finished, choose Add Page then click Apply.
To select a subdomain for your website, follow the directions below.
Once you have finished building your site and are ready to make it live on the internet, select Publish.
Click Select Publishing Method.
Select Get Started on the right side of the menu, under Subdomain.
Enter your desired subdomain and click Check Availability.
- Note: When you check the availability of your subdomain, make sure that it is spelled correctly and that it is a subdomain name you would like to use. After clicking Check Availability, the subdomain will be applied to your site if it is available.
If your subdomain name is available, it will be applied to your site and your site will be published. It will be immediately viewable online. Click Close.
You can now view your site by going to yourname.sbuilder.net.
- Note: Remember, you will need to re-publish your site whenever you make changes in order to make those changes show on your live site (Simply click the Publish button).