Sales Doc Builder - Quick Start Guide
The Sales Doc Builder works with the Contact Management application to save you time and improve the quality and frequency of communications with your customers. By using the application, you'll have access to hundreds of sales documents and email templates that help you present a more professional image for your business.
1. View all of your scheduled and recently sent messages from the Campaign Control Center.
2. Create and build a letter from a variety of sales based templates or create your own message.
3. Create an email from a variety of sales based templates or create your own message to send to your contacts.
4. Create a scheduled message that can be sent out at specific times to one or more of your contacts.
5. View various tips on email etiquette, email construction, and common mistakes.
6. Create an Email account to get started.
Back To Top
Before you begin sending messages to your contacts, you must first set up your outgoing email information. By setting up your outgoing email information, you will be able to send your contacts messages from a specific email address. (Also, you must have your contacts loaded in the CRM application before sending out any messages).
Creating a message is very simple. Here you are able to create a letter or email message to send to your list of contacts that reside in the Contact Management application.
1. To create a letter or email message select either the Single Letter or Single Email tab.
2. Next you will be asked to create a new message and select either:
- Use/Edit Existing Template- Create a message from sales based templates. (See the Templates in this guide to find out more).
- Create New Template- Create a message from scratch and save it as a template for later use.
3. A text editor will then appear. You may create your message within this text editor.
4. Next, you have the ability to add in custom replacement fields. This can work well if you want to send a message to one or more of your contacts without sending individual messages. Let's say for example that you want to send a message to all of your customers. Begin by:
- Selecting the Recipient First Name replacement field. (This replacement field will automatically place the customer's first name in the message without you having to create a specific message for each customer.)
- Once you have selected the replacement field, the field will appear where ever you previously placed the cursor in the text editor.
5. After hitting next, you will have the chance to add an Email Subject to your message. You should also make any final adjustments or edits to the message here.
6. Next, you will be able to choose a template background for your message. There are six graphics to choose from, and you can select "None" if you prefer to leave the background blank.
7. After selecting a graphic, click next to continue. A page will appear asking you to review the replacement fields that you chose to use in your message.
- If you want to send the message to more than one contact and would like the message to address each person by name, simple click Next to continue.
8. Next, select any contacts, or groups of contacts you would like to send the message to.
9. After selecting recipients, you will then be asked to choose when the message should be sent. You may either "Send it Now" or choose an appropriate time and date.
10. Next, you will be taken to a confirmation screen where you can preview the final message in its finished format. After you determine that the message is appropriate, click "View All Recipients" to make sure that the message is distributed to the proper contacts or groups.
11. After selecting "Send Email", you can view the sent message (and previously sent messages) from the Campaign Control Center.
You may add a contact within the application if the contact does not currently exist in your database. This can be done even if you are already in the middle of creating a message or campaign.
1. In the Contacts Selection portion of creating a message, you are able to add a contact to your database. Simply click on the Add New Contact button to begin.
2. Next, type in the contact's information and select Save to save the contact to your database. (This contact will also appear in your CRM.)
Within the application, you are able to choose from a variety of sales based templates with which to create messages.
1. When creating a Single Letter, Single Email, and or Email Campaign you may select the Use/Edit Existing Template option.
2. Next, you will be given the option to choose from a category, subcategory or an individual template to build your message from. Find the template that best fits the message you are creating. Click Preview to look at the template, and click Build Doc to build the message from the template you have selected.
3. Next, you will be given a pre-typed message template for the Template Name that you selected on the previous screen. You can edit this message and mold it to your particular need. The replacement fields highlighted in yellow represent either a "Manually Defined Field" or a "CRM Supplied Field" as shown in the drop-down menu.
4. Descriptions of Replacement Fields pictured:
-1.)Manually Defined Fields - Values that you must manually type in because your contact's information does not contain it. For example, the name of a product you are referring in the message must be manually typed in because a customer's file may not directly link them to that product.
-2.)CRM Supplied Fields - These values correspond to information that you have already provided for the contact. Information such as the contact's first name and/or last name will appear in the template. Leave the field blank and the contact's information will be automatically populated in this area when you finish and send the message. CRM Fields will be shown again in a later screen shot.
-3.)Customized Replacement Fields - Use this menu to create replacement fields that are not listed in the "Manually Defined Fields" drop-down menu.
5. When you are satisfied with the template, click "Next", and you will be asked to choose a graphic for your message. After choosing your graphic, you will be asked to manually input the proper Manually Defined replacement fields in the template.
6. Click Next once you have completed filling out the Manually Defined Fields, and you will be asked to review your Data Supplied Values. These values relate to the CRM Supplied Fields that were discussed above.
After this screen, you will be asked to add the necessary contacts and groups that should receive the message. Refer to numbers 8, 9, and 10 in the "Creating a Message" section above for the remainder of the steps in completing a message using a template.