Customer Relationship Manager - Quick Start Guide
The Customer Relationship Manager is a powerful sales force automation and customer relationship management tool that helps you to manage and track events, marketing programs and tasks related to all of your key business contacts. All these types of activities are managed from the main Customer Relationship Manager dashboard. We recommend that you take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the layout and the available functionality.
1. The Administration button - allows you to customize the Customer Relationship Manager interface as well as enter your SMTP email settings.
2. Returns you to your dashboard.
3. Activities and events summary.
4. CRM tools to manage your sales and marketing activities:
- Dashboard – Returns you to the main Customer Relationship Manager dashboard
- Calendar – View and edit all of your upcoming events, tasks, appointments, etc.
- Tasks – Add, edit and assign sales and marketing tasks related to your contacts
- Contacts – Manually add or edit your contact data
- Leads – Manage your leads and lead activities
- Notes – Attach notes to your contacts and activities
- Transactions – Record customer sales
- Reports – Create customized reports based on a number of filters
- Events – Create and track events related to your contacts
- Marketing Programs – Track response and revenue generated by your company's marketing programs
- Proposals – Create and assign responsibility for customer proposals.
5. Opens the Import Contacts Wizard so you can import data from other applications such as Outlook and Excel.
6. Navigation Pane – Provides additional data filtering options.
Entering information for your contacts can be done quickly and easily.
1. Select the Contacts button on the left side of the dashboard
2. Click on the Add New button. This will open the Add Contact dialog box
3. Complete the information in the Add Contact dialog box
* Be sure to remember to click Save and Close before you close the dialog box.
Easily sync your CRM contacts and calendar with Microsoft Outlook. To begin, follow the directions below.
Supported Versions of Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Not supported for Mac
Downloading the Add-In
***Outlook should be closed during this process to ensure proper installation.***
- Click here to download the add-in.
- Click the Download Outlook Add-In tab located in the administration bar of the CRM, just above the dashboard.
- If downloading through the tab on the administration bar in the CRM, follow the instructions below.
Select Download Outlook Add-In.
Select Download Now.
Close Outlook if it is currently running.
Select Install and then Close.
Enter your Username and Password associated with your Toolbox account and select OK.
- You will be asked whether you would like to begin the sync service now. To sync the CRM with Outlook select Yes.
How It Works...
- Calendar Events
- A new calendar event created in Outlook will sync as a new task in the CRM.
- A new recurring calendar event created in Outlook will sync as a new event in the CRM.
- A new task created in the CRM will sync as a new calendar event in Outlook.
- A new event created in the CRM will sync as a new recurring calendar event in Outlook.
- CRM Contacts: Outlook will create a folder called "CRM Contacts." Any contacts in this folder will sync with the CRM. Any contacts currently in your CRM will automatically be copied into this folder.
- Outlook Contacts: When you first download the add-in, you will see a pop-up box asking, "Would you like to copy your Outlook contacts to your CRM?" When you select OK your Outlook contacts will be copied into the "CRM Contacts" folder in Outlook, which will sync with your CRM.
The Customer Relationship Manager has an Import Contacts wizard that you can use to import contact data from other programs such as Outlook and Excel. In order for the process to work correctly, the data must be saved as either a .CSV or .XLS file. To import your data into the Customer Relationship Manager, follow these simple steps.
Exporting Your Outlook Contacts
You can export your contacts by following the steps below when in Outlook (2007).
1. After opening Outlook click File.
2. Select Import and Export.
3. Then select Export to a File (the second choice from the top).
4. Then select a file type. You can select (Microsoft Excel).
5. Select the group of contacts you would like to export.
6. Select a location for the file. Save it to your desktop so you can find it.
7. Name the file.
8. Lastly, click Finish. Your file will then be exported an you can access it from your desktop.
You can export your contacts by following the steps below when in Outlook (2010).
1. Select File in the top left corner.
2. Select Options in the File menu.
3. Click on Advanced in the bottom half of the Outlook Options menu.
4. Click Export.
5. Choose Export to a File in the Import and Export Wizard.
6. Select either Comma Separated Value (Windows) or Microsoft Excel 97-2003.
7. Select the Contacts folder.
8. Create a name for the exported file and select the location of the save. Then choose Next.
9. Click Finish to export your contacts in the selected format.
Exporting Your Contacts from Excel
You can export your contacts by following the steps below when in Excel (2007).
1. Click on the Save icon at the top of your worksheet.
2. Select Save As.
3. Choose Other File Formats.
4. Select .CSV (Comma Delimited) (*.CSV) from the drop down box.
5. Create a file name and choose Save to save your contacts.
You can export your contacts by following the steps below when in Excel (2010).
1. Select File from the top left corner of the application.
2. Select Save As.
3. Select CSV (Comma delimited) from the Save as type drop-down menu.
4. Create a file name and choose Save to save your contacts.
Be sure to remember where the file has been saved on your computer. It is a good idea to save files to your desktop for easy access in the future.
Importing Your Data into the Customer Relationship Manager
You can import your contact data into the Customer Relationship Manager by completing the simple steps outlined on the following pages:
The Customer Relationship Manager includes a sophisticated calendar that you can use to keep track of events, tasks, meetings and other important customer and prospect-related activities.
Accessing Your Calendar
To access your calendar, select the Calendar button on the left side of the dashboard:
You can select from several calendar viewing options:
- Daily View
- Weekly View
- Monthly View
You can also choose to view events for a specific date by clicking on the appropriate date on the calendar to the left of the dashboard.
Using the Calendar to View and Edit Events
You can view and edit the details of specific events, appointments or activities by double clicking the description in your calendar:
You can use the Customer Relationship Manager to schedule and manage events, marketing programs and proposals that relate to your customers and prospects.
You can view existing tasks and create new ones by selecting the Tasks button on the left side of the dashboard. The tasks dashboard presents a summary of all open tasks and uses a color-coded indicator so you can quickly see which tasks are in process, currently due or overdue:
To create a new task, select the Add New icon at the top of the tasks dashboard. This will open a dialog box where you enter information related to the task such as:
- The owner of the task
- The status of the task (i.e. planning stage, scheduled, cancelled, completed)
- The due date
You can also choose to assign the task to an employee by selecting the Assign to Employee button.
You can view existing events and create new ones by selecting the Events button on the left side of the dashboard. Similar to the tasks dashboard, the events dashboard presents a summary of all your events you've created. To add a new event, select the Add New button and complete the information in the dialog box:
Marketing Program Management
You can view existing marketing programs and begin tracking new ones by selecting the Marketing Programs button on the left side of the dashboard. Similar to the tasks dashboard, the marketing program dashboard presents a summary of all your marketing programs. To add a new marketing program, select the Add New button and complete the information in the dialog box.
You can access your CRM on the go. We have a mobile browser friendly version of the application that can be accessed through Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, as well as Android phones and tablets.
CRM on your Smartphone
1. Simply open up your internet browser on your mobile smartphone.
2. Then type m.crm.gosmallbiz.com in your address bar.
3. Then simply login using your username and password just as you would on your computer.